South Africa is a country on the Southern most tip of Africa that offers great experiences from off-roading on a safari to diving with great white sharks! With its wonderful array of wildlife , stunning beaches, vibrant citylife ,divine vineyards and majestic mountains , South Africa is truly a land of diversity.
Since this destination has so much to offer, for a complete South African adventure and to experience a bit of every side of the country our Travel Engineers recommend that you start your journey here with a bit of City life in the lap of historical sites and enjoy the lovely nightlife at Cape Town followed by driving down the famous garden route starting with Hermanus to Port Elizabeth and then reachinto the wild side in Kruger National Park.
The city has stunning natural landscapes, delicious and diverse cuisines and so many activities for all ages. Acosmopolitan city with a wealth of historical sites, café culture, and lively nightlife. After spending days of exploring this country, our Travel Engineers have recommended some of their favourite highlights of the city and nearby areas that you could incorporate in your itinerary.
- Dine and Shop at Chic V&A Waterfront: One of Cape Town's biggest tourist attractions, the Waterfront is situated between Robben Island and Table Mountain in the heart of Cape Town's working harbour, the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. It has become South Africa's most visited destination. Set against a backdrop of magnificent sea and mountain views, exciting shopping and entertainment venues are intermingled with imaginative office locations, world-class hotels and luxury apartments in the residential marina. Travel Engineers favourite here is the Waterfront Restaurant and bar called Ferrymans. They are usually bustling with a young crowd and is known for fabulous cocktails.
- Watch the iconic African Penguin parade at the Boulders Beach: Get a close view of African penguins at the sheltered beach of the western Cape. You will get enough picture perfect moments and scenery here.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Cape Point the southernmost tip of Africa: Cape Point is the perfect day trip out of Cape Town. Cape Point is located at the southern tip of Africa where the Atlantic and Indian Ocean meet. The drive goes through Chapman’s Peak and its windy mountainside roads offer some of the most dramatic views you’ll ever see. Stop by at Boulder’s Beach to see the African Penguins (always a crowd pleaser) before finally reaching the Cape of Good Hope National Park. Enroute, take a stop at a gem on the False Bay coastline—Kalk Bay is known for its raw beauty, interesting antique shops, vast selection of restaurants and stunning views of St James Beach with the iconic colourful African huts on the beach.
- Indulge in great beach and bars of Camps Bay Beaches: Cape Town has some amazing beaches in the city. Camps Bay has a long stretch of sandy beach on the main boardwalk with great bars and cafes. Clifton, adjacent to Camps Bay, is more secluded and offers some fantastic beaches. Some of the most expensive real estate in the country are in these two neighbourhoods. While the water is not warm by any means, it’s swimmable during the summer months.
- Sweeping views of Atlantic Ocean from Clifton Beach: Another great beach option in Cape Town is the stunning and affluent suburban area of Clifton Beach and this is where you will get a glimpse of African high life with most expensive real estate found in this area. Spend a day relaxing here!
- Watch the sunset at bustling Promenade of Sea Point: If you’re looking for a sea side stroll, indulge in lively attractions or simply head out cycling and enjoying the outdoor scene and then head straight to the famous landmark of Cape Town just walking distance from V&A Waterfront. This is also a spot to watch beautiful African sunsets.
- Instagram worthy colourful Bo-kaap Neighbourhood: Located at the base of Signal Hill, the Bo-Kaap neighbourhood is famous for its colourfully painted houses and cobblestone streets. It was formally known as the Cape Malay Quarter, a township during the Apartheid era. The residents of this neighbourhood can still trace their roots back to the Malaysians, Indians, Sri Lankans, and African people brought here by the Dutch as slaves back many centuries ago. The inter-mixing of these various groups through the generations resulted in the “Coloured” demographic. While in this neighbourhood, you must take plenty of pictures!
- Delicious wines of sophisticated Delaire Graff wine estate:This is our favourite and one of the most stunning of the many wine farms in South Africa about 1 hour from Cape Town. This wine estate is a visual treat with dramatic landscapes and majestic statues strategically placed against the stunning background of the estate. They also have a luxury hotel here which is is home to one of the best wines!
- Classic wines and breathtaking scenery of Franschhoek Valley:Nestled between towering mountains in the beautiful Cape winelands lies the magnificent Franschhoek Valley. This is the food and wine heartland of the country, where splendid wines are grown and our top chefs create international cuisine. Here breathtaking scenery, warm hospitality, world class cuisine and the finest wines combine to create lasting memories. It is just about 30 minutes from Dellaire Graff Estate.
- Wine Tasting experience at Stellenbosch Wine region: (Day trip) Drive by road from Cape Town: 45 min, (50km) This is another top favourite wine region about 45 minutes from Cape Town centre. The estate is absolutely stunning with its rich heritage and great wine tasting experience in their rustic premium set up against gorgeous landscapes. Stellenbosch Vineyards is home to some of the most premium and leading wines.
Johannesburg - Kruger National Park
2 hour flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg further 4 hour 30 mins drive to Kruger National Park.
Kruger National Park
Indulge in Game drives and Spot the Big 5 at Kruger National Park
After the varied landscapes of Cape town and Garden Route you will now drive into the wild to Kruger National Park over a 1hour 30 mins flight from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg and a further 4 hour 30 mins drive to the Kruger National Park. This park is South Africa’s largest and most popular game reserve. It’s home to all the wild animals you’ve ever had on your bucket list, and is a great place to see the Big 5 (lion, buffalo, rhino, elephant, and leopard). We recommend you spend a total of three days and two nights in the Kruger National Park. This will give you 1 afternoon game drive on the first day, 1 whole day of game drives for the second day, and 1 morning game drive on the third day. Our Travel Engineer recommends that incase you’ve spotted the BIG 5 you could skip the morning drive, instead relax and soak up the wilderness around you.
Touchdown in the castaway paradise just off the African Coast, Seychelles over a 5 hour flight from Johannesburg Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands coral and granite islands with stunning turquoise blue shores, nature reserves and lush jungles. As you land at the international airport in Mahe, you will be quickly transferred to your resort.
Four Season Mahe
Luxury Stay at Serenity Villa
Soak up the relaxed vibe of this tropical paradise as you arrive Four Seasons resort in the secluded Eden island. As you arrive you will check in to your Serenity Villa designed with romance in mind surrounded with lush greenery and expansive views of Petite Anse Bay.
Relax and Unwind
Spend your next few days lounging by the pool, indulging in beach days by the turquoise waters of Petite Anse Bay or just unwinding and pampering yourself at the hilltop spa and its special island inspired healing sessions before sitting down for a sunset meal on a deserted beach at the resort.
Your agenda for the next few days is to laze and indulge in some of the facilities in the hotels:
- Go for a guided snorkel over the divine waters of Petite Anse Bay beach and plant a heart shaped metal frame in the underwater nursery to help growth of a rescued coral fragment
- Admire the stunning white sands and dramatic mountain scenery of Mahe
- Yoga and wellness in Hilltop Spa or sandy shores
After a relaxed stay in Mahe today you will get on a quick 15 mins flight to Praslin island from Mahe. Travel Engineers recommend you carry minimum possible luggage as airlines have restrictions on luggage. You can alternatively take a 60 mins speed boat ride from Mahe to Praslin island.
Constance Lemuria, Praslin
Praslin is the most stunning islands of the archipelago with lush green forests, pristine turquoise waters and white sand beaches. You stay at Constance Lemuria , a perfect blend of pure luxury and nature.
Luxury Stay at a Junior Suite
As you arrive at this stunning property you will be transferred to your Junior Suite perched in the resorts gardens with comfortable modern stay and spacious bathrooms. Over the next few days indulge in exploring the resort at your own pace.
- Dinner on the rock: Enjoy stunning views from an exclusive dinner organised on the rocks by the beach, at The Nest in your resort.
- Gaeobo on the beach:Unwind and relax in a private Gazebo on the beach with stunning ocean views.
- Snorkel and Water sports: Snorkel over the pristine blue waters and explore the world beneath over a guided diving tour. Indulge in exciting sports activities like Kayaking, Paddleboat and more.
- Beach Picnic:Enjoy a romantic picnic of secluded beach area
- Spa:Indulge in a luxury spa treatment.
Besides relaxing at the resort you could explore the island and the nearby islands as well:
- Day Trip to La Digue: Take a day trip to La Digue Island, just 15 mins speed boat ride from Praslin and explore its stunning beaches.
- Nature’s wonders of Anse Source L’Argent: Admire the stunning geological rock formations of Anse Source L’Argent Beach in La Digue.
- Coco De Mer:Buy a government stamped Coco De Mer in La Dhigue, a dried nut from endangered palm trees that take 40 years to produce the green nuts and another 20 years for it to grow and dry up !
- Explore the Nature Reserves: Explore the Vallee De Mai Nature Reserve and Praslin National Park in Praslin.
- Explore the island on a bicycle
- Admire the vanilla plantations and nature around you La Digue
- Take a helicopter ride over Seychelles.
You will return back to Mahe and further catch your flight back to India.